Cushon’s Peak Campground is located in Southeast Minnesota’s Bluff Country:
8 miles east of Rushford and 2.5 miles west of Houston on State Highway 16.
We are open May through September
Summary of Facilities:
- Modern, heated, clean, bathrooms and showers
- Giant 104’ x 48’ event and music room
- Electric hookups can handle 50, 30 or 20 amp plugs.
- Water is tested on regular basis and is certified by the Minnesota Department of Health.
- Over 5 miles of wilderness hiking trails in addition to the bike trail.
- Direct access to the Root River for fishing, canoeing, and tubing fun.
- Dump station.
- Picnic tables.
- Fire rings.
Cushon’s Peak Campground offers direct access to the Root River Bike Trail. This 10’ wide paved trail weaves its way through the beautiful bluff country of Southeast Minnesota. Just down the trail, the City of Houston has a Nature Center with many unique educational programs. After your ride, enjoy a hot shower and relax at your campsite.
Your hosts: Judy and Tom Vix